Traditional email has the confidentiality level of a postcard. Any actor involved in its transport can easily read it. Regimail offers a user-friendly way to transform an email into a confidential and auditable electronic letter. This works with any email address and does neither allow Digital Pathways nor any third party to access the content of your email.
Benefits of using Regimail
The Regimail service protects messages from unauthorised access and renders emails trusted and binding thereby providing security and trust in business communication. For the sender of a Regimail email, the sending process is straightforward as is the receiving process, with neither the sender nor the recipient having to change anything with their existing email service.
• Works with any email address
• Turns normal email into a secure electronic letter
• Ensures traceability, creates audit trail through confirmation of receipt
• Can be traced online via the regify transaction register
• Makes ordinary email compliant with the Data Privacy and Protection Act
• Integrates into daily business life, e.g. into existing email solutions
• Can be used on mobile devices like iPhone, iPad and Android
• Saves up to 75 % of the cost and time when compared to a physical letter
• From manual (person-to-person) to automated usage patterns (person-to-machine, machine-to-person, machine-to-machine), enabled via the Regigate gateway or in individual workflows via the our SDK (software development kit).
The networked secure approach
Based on ordinary email, Regimail opens up a wealth of application opportunities for important communication transactions that require secure management and are of a trusted and binding nature. With its unique multi-provider approach, Regimail solves the key issues and provides compelling value through:
• Ease-of-use for the ordinary office user.
• Regimail users can communicate with all other Regimail users independent of whichever provider they registered with (thereby generating network effects across all providers).
• Flexible use of Digital Pathways cloud services.
• Maximum reach as Regimail services have no barriers-to-entry: they work with any email address.
• Fast integration as email infrastructure and networks remain unchanged.
• Add-ins for the most relevant user environments are readily available
• Digital solutions through the integration of pre-fabricated building blocks into existing systems (regify SDK)
• The network qualities of Regimail come without the need for technical provisions. The support of proxy servers provides additional flexibility.
• Confidentiality of communication through real end-to-end encryption.
• Message integrity guaranteed.
• Traceability of all Regimail transactions through online transaction register and confirmation of receipt on the level of each individual transaction.
• Options for authentication of users.
Regimail makes digital communication secure and more productive as Regimail adds clarity and non-repudiation to ordinary email communication. With Regimail, email based communication is elevated to the level of registered mail.
Web portal - Users of Regimail can write and read Regimails online in their regify provider web portal. Thus, a user can work via browser and without installing any software.
Local client software
The Regimail client, capable of reading and writing Regimail, is available for the following operating systems:
• iOS (iPhone, iPad)
Email client add-ins
Regimail Add-ins provide seamless integration in market-leading email software:
• Microsoft Outlook (Windows)
• Mozilla Thunderbird (Windows & Linux)
• Lotus Notes 8.5 or newer (Windows & Linux)
Gateway solution Regigate
Regigate offers automated Regimail functionality via a gateway at the perimeter of an organisation. It delivers enterprise-grade Regimail encryption and decryption services in a simple, all-in-one solution.
• Integrates with existing infrastructure and complies with corporate policies.
• Works with any SMTP appliance (acts as a Mail Transfer Agent (MTA).
• No changes to existing infrastructure needed, e.g.: Central virus scanner, Archiving, Spam filter, Workflow system, Content checks.
• Regigate and Regimail can co-exist in the same corporate ecosystem.
Software development kits (SDK)
The SDK offers integration of the Reify patented technology into legacy systems or third party software products. The SDK gives developers access to the complete functionality under Windows, MacOS and Linux. Thus, the solution can easily be integrated into workflows and business processes. The SDK includes libraries with comprehensive functionality including cryptographic functions. Furthermore, the SDK provides a command line tool that executes functionality such as the opening and creation of secured Regimails.
A comprehensive documentation of the SDK can be made available upon request.
Mass sending solutions for document output
The Regimail desktop allows the easy and secure sending of PDF files using Regimail. You make the respective files available in the processing directory and Regimail desktop will extract the recipient addresses from the PDF files, register the transactions and send the documents via email (SMTP) by pressing a single button.
Optionally, you can automatically extract other values from the PDF files (using regular expressions) and use them in the message body and subject. It also offers you an option to split PDF files to single pages. The used email messages can be adopted freely to your needs.