The Cyber Essentials scheme has been developed by Government and industry to fulfil two functions.
Firstly, to provide a clear statement regarding the basic controls, that all organisations should implement, in order to mitigate the risk from common internet-based threats, within the context of the Government’s 10 Steps to Cyber Security.
And secondly, through the Assurance Framework, it offers a mechanism for organisations to demonstrate to customers, investors, insurers and others, that they have taken these essential precautions.
Cyber Essentials offers a sound foundation of basic measures that all types of organisations can implement and potentially build upon. Applying these measures can significantly reduce an organisation’s vulnerability to cyber attacks and data loss.
At Digital Pathways, our consultants are all GCHQ certified and carry out a Cyber Essentials Readiness Service, which is designed to work with you and any third-party partners, so as to achieve the Cyber Essentials Certification.
Our role is to check your systems, networks and policies to ensure you will meet the requirements of the Certification before any assessor arrives on site. This will give you a chance to make changes or implement new systems to improve your cybersecurity position and give you peace of mind that your organisation is secure and ready to prove it.
We will carry out the following, as part of the assessment:
• Assist with the completing of the required questionnaire
• Create an administration account for the vulnerability scanning, needed on your network
• Provide an asset inventory/register of all IT devices held by you
• Provide the IP addresses in scope for the test
• Be on hand on the day of the assessment, either on-site or remotely, in case of any troubleshooting or additional information required by the assessor
• Carry out a review meeting, following the assessment, to discuss the findings and further actions
• Put remediation in place, in line with the requirements outlined by the assessor, ready for re-assessment, if required.
When you are ready and meet the requirements of the Certification, we will contact the Cyber Essentials Certification body, to carry out the assessment.
Improve your data security
And, once certified, we will work with you to improve your data security position, provide training, network scans and system enhancements, to ensure your organisation is safe.
Then, before the anniversary of your certification renewal is due, we will carry out tests to ensure that all is in order and that you are ready for the re-certification. We will then arrange for the Cyber Essentials Body to come back on site and carry out the assessment.
Cyber Essentials accreditation benefits your business with:
• The ability to tender for contracts that require a Cyber Essentials Certiﬁed supplier
• Can enhance customer trust and conﬁdence
• Provides market differentiation and competitive advantage
• Can protect company assets and IP
• Can mitigate common cyber threats
• Can reduce insurance premiums