Making documents and other files available to a group of users, easily and securely and with all revisions, is a key task in projects and business processes of any kind. If such a task must be performed in an auditable manner and the files must be protected against access from unauthorised third parties in a user-friendly way, then Regibox is the right choice. The use of Regibox ranges from securely storing important documents to sophisticated file-based collaboration of teams on a multitude of devices, online and offline.
How does Regibox work?
One of the most criticised facts about cloud services is the lack of security of stored data. Regibox uses encryption and decryption on the fly so that even our NOC team are unable to look into your files.
All data stored in our servers is encrypted with a unique Regibox-key (AES 256). This means we are unable to view even your file names
Everything you add, change or delete is automatically synchronised to your Regibox either in the cloud or on your desktop. The transmission is always secured.
Regibox encryption and decryption is processed automatically on the client side (PC or mobile device).
The software creates a Regibox folder inside your standard "Documents" folder. Everything inside is part of your Regibox(es). This means that Regibox works within your existing environment and supports your normal workflow, all your regular tasks like create, copy, paste, move, change and delete your files and sub-folders.
All Regibox related tasks such as invitations, restoring files and versions, can be done using your Regibox manager, which is free to download from our management portal.
Regibox is a great collaboration tool
You can invite as many users as you like to access your Regibox(es).
You can determine on the level of the individual invitee, whether the invitee shall be authorised to read, write or publish files or even receive rights to administrate your Regibox.
All changes are automatically synchronised to all other members of a Regibox group.
Access to a Regibox can be individually blocked in real-time, simply by removing the user as a member of this Regibox. Regibox can be used whenever and wherever needed, online or offline. Your Regibox team members can access content via their mobile devices, smartphones and PC’s.
Giving access to individual files
You can also share files with people outside of your team by giving them a link to access an individual file that you published. Thus, you can give access to individual files ad hoc without requiring such users to install Regibox or sign up for a Digital Pathways account.
Secure team member invitation
The owner of a Regibox, can invite other users to become members of his Regiboxes. This invitation mechanism makes use of the secure Digital Pathways process.
The unique Regibox-key is registered with Digital Pathways clearing service which leverages the secure and patented storage technology.
The invitee receives the Regibox-key from the clearing service. Now the box contents are synchronised and decrypted on the invitee's device.
The location of the Regibox and the invitation information is sent to the invitee using an .rgb file attached to an email. After receiving it, the invitee, now authenticated by Digital Pathways, can open the encrypted .rgb file by double-clicking the file and accepting the invitation.
The Regibox features at a glance
• Designed to combine ease-of-use and security.
• End-to-end encryption using AES256 industry standard encryption.
• Local file system integration (work in your standard local file system explorer).
• Automatic synchronisation between central and local data whenever online.
• Working offline (accessing, adding or changing files while being offline).
• Invite users to become members of your Regibox(es) (multi-level permission control).
• Secure invitation process (eliminating security risks such as man-in-the-middle).
• Optional strong user authentication using two factor authentication.
• Comprehensive permission and user management during the lifetime of your Regibox(es).
• Publish option for selected files in order to give external parties access without them having to register or install software (ad hoc).
• Your Digital Pathways account lets you access all Regiboxes which you are a member of or which you created yourself.
• As a Regibox user, you benefit from networked collaboration and communication with other users of regify services, independent of which regify-provider they chose.
• Automatic file integrity check by using SHA 256 algorithm on individual file level.
• Auditable file and user management with file version history (user/date/time) and Regibox history (invitations, Regibox creation).
• Comprehensive file versioning system including complete restore of previous versions.
• Recovery of deleted files and versions.
• Available on all major platforms: Windows, Mac OSX, Linux, Android and iOS.
Additional benefits • Comprehensive system management: users, security, storage, availability or redundancy.
• Flexibility and process integration using the regify Software Development Kits (SDKs).
• Bundles with other regify products Regimail, Regichat, Regipay or Regibill (one Digital Pathways account for multiple products).
You can find answers to the most frequently asked questions about Regibox on our homepage at https://regify.digitalpathways.co.uk/